Just my random thoughts on life. A journal for the world to see.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Colors and Pie.. the Best of Autumn...

Hello there!
Can you believe it's actually November? I don't know why this month always springs up on me. Every year I just cannot believe it when November arrives. Maybe because I dread this month so much I just keep hoping this year we'll skip over it somehow... No such luck.
Halloween came and went pretty uneventfully this year. I don't know why, but I was sort of hoping it to be as fun as last year. My mother and I went out with some friends last year and it was a blast. It was my first time out on Halloween. This year, though, we didn't even dress up like we usually do. We simply handed out candy and watched Hocust Pocus. Oh well.. Life doesn't have to be exciting all of the time I guess...
As far as November goes, I have to say that I'm loving the scenery so far... It felt like the trees finally changed colors overnight on the first. I wish I had the time to really enjoy it... I'd love to take a drive down into Virginia or go for a hike. Unfortunately, the husband and I never have time off together anymore so that's probably not going to happen before the leaves all fall off...
I do have a confession. I have already started looking at Christmas decorations. I'm usually one of those people who argue about enjoying Thanksgiving and that Christmas festivities cannot start until the day after Thanksgiving. But for some reason I'm too excited to wait. Maybe it's because we'll actually be in our own home this year instead of traveling back home. We can decorate and really enjoy the season together. It'll be different celebrating with just the two of us, but I'm hoping we can still make it special.
That's really all I have for now... I know, so exciting. But sometimes that's how life is.
Until next time!
Chrissy


My costume... sort of.


You have to use the straw!




First pumpkin pie of the season...


Got to love morning light...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© My Own Wonderland..., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena