Just my random thoughts on life. A journal for the world to see.

Friday, May 2, 2014

Hello May... I've Been Waiting for You...

May is finally here! One of my favorite months. And not just because it's my birthday month, although that helps. Spring is in full swing, the weather is lovely, and winter has finally melted away. I have good feelings about this month. It's going to be great.
Well, we pretty much spent all of April moving. We got the keys to the new place on the 10th and moved non-stop up until the end. We took car-fulls at a time since we didn't want to rent a u-haul. It was exhausting with just the two of us but we did it. Unfortunately, the moving was followed up with unpacking and cleaning our old place. Somehow the cleaning was left to me... hmm... It wasn't too awful but cleaning 3 floors is still rough. I started to panic last week when we were having difficulty finding an exterminator and carpet cleaner. I couldn't find a carpet cleaner under $400 and exterminators were running $300! I thought that was ridiculous since the whole reason we were doing it was to get our pet deposit back which was only $500. I almost said screw it and just walked away as is. But we luckily did find affordable places and got it done in the nick of time. Now we just wait and see if we get our full deposit back. 
I am so relieved to finally be finished with everything and to be out. It was insanely stressful worrying about getting everything moved and cleaned and taken care of. Luckily our new place is smaller so it'll be much easier to deal with when we leave. We're loving our new house. It's exactly what we needed. There are some quirks about it since it is about 10 years older than our last house, but nothing too major. The decorating  bug has gotten to me. I want to make this house really look nice. For some reason, we never really "settled" at our last one. We didn't hang pictures and had a lot of unpacked boxes. I want to live in this house. Even if this isn't our permanent home, we should treat it like it is.
Besides moving which has taken up most of our life, I've officially enrolled in classes for the fall. I'm still deciding if I'm regretting it. I'm hoping once the bill comes that I don't back out. I need to get over the fact that I'll have loans. Everyone else in the middle class does too. I just need to do it. I really don't know if I'll do anything with a degree, but it has earning power at least. I know doing school and working full time will be difficult, but now's the time. Ty will be out of the military soon and I'd like to have a degree under my belt by then. That way, if I  need to get a better paying job, it'll be a little easier.
We managed to fit in a nice Easter amid the chaos. We had friends over for brunch and mimosas and it was amazing.. I LOVE breakfast food. I wish I could eat like that all of the time. But I'd way 200 lbs in a week... After a post-mimosa nap, we went over to their place for dinner. It's nice to have another couple to hang out with sometimes. They enjoy doing things that we like which helps.
We actually went to a baseball game with that couple as well. It was my first MLB game. We went straight after I got off of work and got dinner after stopping by the hotel. Dinner took awhile to get to us, but we weren't complaining since the drinks were tasty even though we missed the first inning. We finally made and I was surprised how good our seats were. We could see everything. Baseball isn't really my thing, but it was fun to be in the crowd and experience it with friends. Unfortunately I had to be at work at 6am the next day so I passed out right after the game. I'd really like to do it again on a weekend that I don't have to work that way I can really enjoy it. 
Not much else is going on with us. Moving takes up most of your life. We're anxiously waiting for our first kayaking expedition, but we've had a ton of rain so it'll have to wait. I have a feeling we're going to spend most of the summer on the water which is fine with me. It's a free activity at least! 
That's all I have for now. Hopefully May is treating you all well so far!! :)

Unpacking...

She is not thrilled about all of the hardwood...


Home sweet home...


Easter dress...


This happened...


Sometimes you should just buy yourself some flowers...






Aren't we cute??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© My Own Wonderland..., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena