Just my random thoughts on life. A journal for the world to see.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Diamonds are a girl's best friend... And ninja's are apparently a boy's.

Well, I got my ring. Finally! It's gorgeous. I'm so in love with it that I just can't stop looking at it. And taking pictures of it.


Sorry, but I'm in love with it. Is it weird to say that I feel officially married now? I mean, of course I've felt married, but for some reason it feels so much more real now. And I love it. I don't know why, but with just the band it felt like I was just engaged, you know? Now I have the set it's official. I'm so weird.
That's my new toy. And here's my husband's.
Yeah. He got a motorcycle. Well, we got a motorcycle. I'll admit I was hesitant about it, but seeing how freaking excited he is about it, I'm glad we did it. It'll be so much easier for him to go to and from work, he'll be home sooner, he won't have to rely on me, and it's a lot better on gas than a new car. And price. He's like a kid at Christmas right now.
After these two purchases, we're definitely broke. Okay, not broke. Nowhere near, but we're less comfortable than we like to be so we're on spending lockdown. We're really wanting (well, probably more me than him) to go to San Francisco for our anniversary in a month. That's going to involve some money. So I'm going to have to resist the urge to buy. Ugh. So hard.
All of this is really making me feel grownup. I mean, we bought a ring with cash and were approved for a loan on the bike. We're creating credit and making decisions on big things together. I like that we both wanted each other to get these. I'm not excited about having to pay on a loan just and I'm hesitant of credit cards just because of all of the crap I saw my parents go through with credit an debt. I'm not going to get there. But we need to build credit and this is a good way to start. We did this on our. We didn't ask our parents what they thought or their opinions. We discussed it and did it. And we're handling, I think, like adults. We understand we have to be careful with money, but we also realize we're young and can enjoy ourselves a little.
Overall I'm very happy right now. I've got a beautiful new bobble and my husband is ecstatic with a new toy. Life is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© My Own Wonderland..., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena