Just my random thoughts on life. A journal for the world to see.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chicago...

So, while on vacation, we went on a trip to Chicago. I have lived in Illinois all of my life, but I had never been. I was so excited to finally get the chance. I don't know what I was expecting, but I thought it was just going to be amazing and wonderful... not so much.
We took a 4 hour long train ride to get there (my first train ride too). I was expecting it to be absolutely freezing, but luckily it wasn't too bad. My mom who had been there a couple of times had a mission to get us to Michigan Avenue to see all of the shopping since we only had a few hours. It took forever to get there though. The crowd wasn't as bad as San Francisco, thankfully, due to it being a week day. Once we finally made it to Michigan Ave, we went into a few stores before we decided we were starving. After about a half hour of no one knowing what they wanted to eat or where to go, I mentioned The Cheesecake Factory. I had always wanted to go, so why not now? We made our way there of course during the crazy lunchtime. After waiting a good half hour, we finally go to a table. I ordered some peach drink that sounded good and fried mac n' cheese. *Can I just say, who the hell thought of that??!! It's AMAZING!!!* But I have a love affair with mac n' cheese. Therefore I got a fried mac n' cheese burger. This was my heaven. The drink I ordered was huge and delicious. I wanted to get cheesecake but I was stuffed. Definitely a successful lunch trip.
We randomly walked about the last few hours we had, all of us tired, and made it back to the train station where we had pre-ride beers. Once we got on the train, we all pretty much passed out the entire ride home.
Chicago wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't want to go there all of the time. Too many people, it takes to long to get anywhere, and I don't know how you figure out where to go. I am just drawing the conclusion I'm not a big city girl. No thank you.
Anyways, here's some pics from the trip.
Train coffee.










My drink at the Cheesecake Factory. I know.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© My Own Wonderland..., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena