Just my random thoughts on life. A journal for the world to see.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Spring Cleaning...

With Spring getting nearer, I've been contemplating revamping things in my life. Usually, when a new season comes I want to get a whole to wardrobe. This year, though, I'm pretty happy with my spring and summer selection that I have. I mean, tank tops and shorts are staples every year, right? So this year my plan is more to replace items that I have. I have a lot of tank tops that are just past their prime and it's time to replace them. Luckily, I work at Old Navy where basics are cheap so go me. Here's the list I have so far of what I want to update:
  • Tank tops
  • Bras-Invest in nice ones, not cheap ones
  • Underwear-Same as above
  • Makeup-I have literally had some of my makeup for years. I think it's time.
That being said, there are some things I would like to invest in that I don't have for spring. I need to invest in sandals that have straps instead of flip-flops because I can  no longer wear flip flops to work anymore. :/ I also would like to buy another pair of capris since I only have one and usually the weather here is too cool for shorts but too warm for pants. I would also like to wear more skirts and dresses everyday. Just because. I really only have one dress that's casual and I only own one skirt. Here's some that are on the top of my list or are at least similar to what I want:
*All from Forever21.com*
I really want pretty, feminine dresses for spring. My issue though, with skirts and dresses, is that I have hips so if they're flowy, they tend to make me look really big. So I tend to have to go with more fitted items like the skirts above.
I'm really going to try and resist buying tops and things similar to what I already have in my closet. I already have enough things in there that I don't wear, I don't need to add more.
Besides apparel, I'm also considering other updates. I'm thinking of investing in a new camera. I know what everyone says about it doesn't matter what brand the camera is, it's the photographer that determines the quality of a photo, but I just have issues with mine that I don't think other camera users have. I currently have an Olympus. I just don't think it takes as quality photos as Nikon or Canon. So I'm searching but I don't know which to go with. I've always wanted a Canon rebel just because everyone I know who does photography seems to have one, but I've been looking at the Nikon D3100 and I think it might be just a little bit better. Does anyone have either? I'd love to get some feedback about which to invest in. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© My Own Wonderland..., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena