Just my random thoughts on life. A journal for the world to see.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Is All You Need...





Yes, it's Valentine's Day. That day of the year everyone seems to have a love/hate relationship with. Usually, if you're in a relationship, it's a fun and romantic day to spend with the one you love basking in each others' loving gazes(and getting showered with flowers and chocolates). If you're not, then it's a stupid holiday that only idiots celebrate and don't even acknowledge it as a holiday but just another day in the week.
Whichever side you land on this year, I the idea behind the day is nice. I mean, I know you should show how much you love someone everyday, but we get into a normalcy in our everyday life. It's nice to have sort of an extra special day, ya know? I've always liked Valentine's day even though I didn't have my first Valentine until I met my husband. My parents were my Valentines. Every year growing up, we'd wake up to a stuffed animal, a fake rose, and some chocolate from my parents. I loved that. It made me feel special. I never really felt the pressure of having a Valentine until high school because I had Valentines every year from my parents. They made a boy obsolete that day. :)
My husband doesn't really "celebrate" this day. He's one of those who thinks it's more important to show love every other day, which I get. But it'd still be nice to do a little something special I think. I don't know if we'll end up doing anything special today, but I'm wearing pink and lace and will get myself some chocolate anyways. :) Have a Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© My Own Wonderland..., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena