Just my random thoughts on life. A journal for the world to see.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July... How far we've come, how far we get to go...

It's hard to believe it's already the fourth of July. Seems like Christmas was just yesterday. Time moves so fast when you get older. That's something they don't tell you when you're young and you're dying to be a grownup. Or maybe they do tell you, but you never really hear. I've been thinking all day about this time last year. Our one year anniversary is next week. I've been thinking about how about this time I got the letter that changed my world. Got the call that changed our future. I remember going to work expecting a letter telling whether or not we could be together. I remember my mom bringing me the letter at work, in tears and utter disbelief. I remember telling my sisters and grandma and hugging my dad. I remember anxiously waiting for him to call his parents, wondering if they were going to hate me. It's amazing how quickly life moves. How your life can change in an instant. Forever.

Enough about the past, here's the present. I had a wonderful fourth. Ate a lot of food (doughnuts and kettle cooked bbq chips), had some drinks, bought a fire-pit and some lawn chairs and turned our back little patio into a little getaway. We strung up some Christmas lights and I must say it's lovely. It was a splendid little day for sure. It's been so nice having Ty home this past week. I like having him around all of the time and he's definitely less stressed and tired. (Right now he's watching something about Planking? I swear, I have the strangest man ever.)
I'm so ready for next weekend though. San Francisco vacation. Well, we're going up for the weekend. We're not really doing anything special. Just out to eat and explore. But it's kind of like a mini-honeymoon that we never had. A romantic getaway weekend. All to ourselves and away from reality. Needed every once and awhile I think.
Well the wine and the food are kicking it and making me sleepy. I hope everyone had as good of a Fourth of July as I did. Goodnight! :)

Bacardi Razz+Sprite=Drink of the day.

The Big Gulp of BBQ

We don't need no stinkin' instructions.

Not diggin the fire.

Perfect night.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© My Own Wonderland..., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena