Just my random thoughts on life. A journal for the world to see.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Perfect Bag...

I have been on a hunt for the last month or so (realistically, more like my entire fashion-conscious life) to find the perfect  black bag. Handbags are my guilty pleasure. Whenever I go into a store, I immediately head to the bag section. I know that bags are probably the last thing that men care about when considering a woman's appearance, but I don't care. I love them. I'm quite particular about my bags as well. I don't often spend very much money on them, simply because I know they're kind of a frivolous item to spend hundreds of dollars on. But if I'm completely honest, there are designer bags that I'd more than willingly lay down the couple hundred to have if I didn't feel horrible about doing so. I just can't bring myself to spend over 100 even though I've lusted bags costing well over that. I just know that next year I won't love it as much and there will be something new I want. I like to change my bags with the seasons. So buying a $300 bag that in four months time I won't use doesn't seem practical. Despite all of this (or because of all of this) I am hunting for a black bag. While black is customarily a fall/winter color, if it were nice enough, black is classic enough to wear all year round. I have the perfect bag in my head but I just can't seem to find one close enough that isn't ridiculously expensive. I want a black faux/leather shoulder bag, two handles, silver hardware, big enough to fit everything I need including my camera, but not an enormous tote. A little bit of design element would be nice but not too much. I want something that if I spend a good amount of money on it I can still wear in a year or two.
My search, up to this point, has been mostly unsuccessful. I've been looking mostly online since the only place to find a nice bag around here is Macy's and there's been crap there lately. The thing about looking online though is that I really wouldn't want to spend over $100 on a bag that I haven't tried on, you know? I don't want to buy a $300 bag and it gets here and it doesn't look as good on me as I thought. I've been looking on ebay and other sites, but usually the ones I find are really cheap looking or ridiculous in price.
I wish I could just make my own. But that would require much more knowledge and skill than I possess. I've found a few possible ones though. They're not 100% what I want, but they're cute nonetheless.
I ended up buying this one. It's not exactly what I wanted but I kept going back to it. Endless.com


B. Makowsky bags (QVC.com)
Besides the first one, these bags are all by B. Makowsky. I have been in love with him since I saw one of his bags at T.J. Maxx. Every bag I wanted was by him and of course still too expensive to buy even at TJ Maxx. The leather on all of them was beautiful. Soft and delicious. These bags are kind of expensive. They're all over $200, but I'm really considering buying one. I just can't decided and I want to be really sure. I think my favorite is the second to last one but I also really love the two big totes that are similar. I'm just worried they'll be too big. I really like the last one's overall look, but I don't like that it only has one handle and flips open. I just don't know. :/
What do you guys think? Should I take the plunge and buy one? Which do you like best??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© My Own Wonderland..., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena