Just my random thoughts on life. A journal for the world to see.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Getting Lost is My Favorite Thing to do as Long as I'm Getting Lost With You...

So, my husband had the whole week off last week. That equaled a very happy me. Wednesday I was also off. Yeah. We wanted to do something fun or just do something, so we headed into town to see what mischief we could find. We went to this amazing bookstore that I love where they sell used books. Stacks, and stacks of books on every kind of subject. I know what you're thinking: Um, hello, what's the library? Well, I do like the library, but they don't tend to have newer books plus I love to fill my bookshelves. I love to own books. Even though I usually only read them once, I love to own them. I love to look on my shelf and say I've read that and that and that. I will admit it's hard for me, however, to enter a store like this and actually purchase anything. There's just SO many books and they all look potentially interesting...how can I choose just one or two?? I very rarely leave there with anything, even after spending several hours there. I need to make a list of books I want to read and take it with me that way I have direction, but I never do. This time I did manage to find a couple of things I have wanted to read. Success!!
Oh yeah, and I found a 1,000,000 bill. :)



The purchases
After we perused the stacks for an hour or so, I had the urge to go to the library(more books!) to see if I could find some photography books that I wanted. Alas, they didn't open for an hour. So, what to do in the mean time? Go to Carmel? Okay! So we headed south to the little shopping village down there. It was a beautiful day for it. We got lunch at this...interesting?...little diner and walked around for a couple of hours checking out the shops. We decided to head back to the car, and what we thought would be back home, but took a little detour that turned into quite a long detour. We ended up driving down along Carmel Beach, randomly attempting to find our way back to the highway. We thought we had, but apparently we didn't. We started going into the valley, not the usual route along the coast. We really had no idea where we were going. We were surrounded by woods and foothills. It was actually quite beautiful to see. My husband was like a little kid. He was taking turns like a race-car driver and was so excited about getting lost. We were laughing and being our random selves the entire time. It was a lot of fun. I don't know anyone else who would have had as much fun being lost. I guess that's why we work so well together. We love to do the most random things. We love to go on adventures like that or even just chill at home. I think that's something that's really important in a relationship. You want someone that you can have fun with, a good time with, but you also want someone you can be boring with, ya know? For the times when life isn't as exciting. You want someone you can enjoy just sitting with doing nothing. Little relationship advice from me to you.
Now here are some of the pics from the adventure. Gave me a chance to practice my "drive-by shooting", aka: taking thousands of pics out of a moving car window.
Deer. Duh.

I kind of like the focus within the blur.














0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© My Own Wonderland..., AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena